Let's build Tomorrow
Grow your future with the BEST in the Business. BEST Energy & Sustainability Inc is a fast-growing company that helps Homeowners, Builders and other stakeholders to build high performance and sustainable green buildings. Join a distinguished team of professionals with experience, talent and passion to make our built environments more sustainable. As a part of our team, you’ll have opportunities to stretch your skills, grow yourself and create a lasting impact on the health of our planet and your career.
BEST Energy is a Building Science consulting firm. We provide professional solutions for building energy use reduction and improving indoor air quality and comfort. Currently we are seeking full time Registered Energy Advisors to join our team. The Energy Advisors will deliver EnerGuide Rating System (ERS) home evaluations for existing homes. Candidates must have passed both the Foundation and the Energy Advisor (EA) Exams. You should be a dedicated professional, looking for a challenging role to unleash your true potential and want to be part of a world class team. Apply Today!
Ask yourself, before submitting your application:
- Are you passionate about reducing the carbon footprint of buildings and helping homeowners to make informed decisions that alleviate climate change?
- Are you a flexible and creative problem solver who can apply building science knowledge to identify problems and generate practical solutions?
- Are you passionate and driven enough to keep going in these odd and challenging times?
- Are you willing to work odd hours and able to deal with tricky workloads?
- Are you open to constructive feedback and trying new approaches?
- Do you strive continuously to upgrade your skills?
- Do you possess the ability to communicate effectively with others?
Key Job Functions:
- To work independently, travelling daily to a variety of locations within your designated territory
- Conduct up to three residential energy evaluations per day providing:
- accurate and comprehensive photo-documentation
- measurement of all dimensions of the thermal envelope,
- calculate volume and inventory all windows and doors,
- determine insulation levels throughout, including attic and crawlspace areas
- Assess and document existing heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems in place (furnace, boiler, heat pump, AC and hot water)
- selectively apply optional diagnostic measures such as use of infrared camera.
- Perform a blower door test
- Discuss with clients relevant program details, incentives and potential energy upgrades
- Prepare and provide PDF reports and EnerGuide labels to clients in a timely manner
- Devote sufficient home office time to complete and submit for each house: modeling in Hot2000, client report generation, scanning data sheets, photo compilation etc.
- Organize, update and submit electronic file documents for each house.
- Pay close attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or University degree in environmental science, engineering, or related fields;
- Knowledge of home construction and HVAC systems;
- Home inspection qualifications or experience is an asset;
- Knowledge of Site Safety protocols and procedures.
- Must pass criminal records check
- Provide current CV or Resume and cover letter
- Submit proof of completion of NRCan’s Foundation and Energy Advisor exams
- Possess fluency in Hot2000 – version 15
- General computer literacy and familiarity with or adaptability to communications apps and software to facilitate your role as energy advisor (SketchUp, etc)
- Class G drivers licence; Clean drivers Abstract; Access to vehicle
- Mobile phone with wide angle lens and/or Camera
- Above average numeracy and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function efficiently in a periodically fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (bilingual skills an asset)
- Ability to produce legible, accurate and informative data sheets for each house
- Strong and proactive work ethic under minimal supervision and often tight deadlines.
- Applicants should be physically fit, able to climb ladders and carry heavy equipment. Must be personable and outgoing and interact well with tradespeople and especially homeowners.
Other Assets (Good to have, but not essential):
- Strong understanding of House-as-a-system concepts
- Your own Minneapolis or Retrotec blower door systems
- Knowledge of building envelope assemblies (Air Barriers, Insulation, Windows, etc.)
- Basic awareness of Canadian house construction, typical energy retrofit methods, current building codes etc.
- Infrared camera, with certificate or training and any experience
- House inspection experience
- Residential home construction and renovation experience
(Please Note: Without cover letter and resume, application will not be reviewed for next step of selection process.)
BEST Energy provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all applicants and employees. We are committed to upholding values of diversity, equity and inclusion in our workforce. We make sure all applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please email us at careers[at]bestenergy[dot]ca, should you have a reasonable requirement for accommodation.
BEST Energy & Sustainability Inc welcomes all applicants for this position. Please be advised, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
1K Energy Audit
$ 1,000 plus HST